Support for the People of Ukraine
Our hearts break for the people of Ukraine, many of them our friends, family, and colleagues. In this incredibly difficult time, many are searching for ways to help.
The Shelter Project: Eurasia Foundation, in partnership with the Kyiv-based East Europe Foundation and a network of over 500 Ukrainian non-governmental organizations, is providing emergency assistance to internally displaced people in Ukraine through the Shelter Project. Please consider donating here.
Recommended: Please consider donating to the following organizations, which come highly recommended by our colleagues in Ukraine. Each organization delivers much-needed humanitarian assistance directly to civilians.
- Razom (“Together”) for Ukraine purchases and distributes emergency medical supplies as well as food, blankets, and supplies for people displaced by the conflict. Razom for Ukraine is a 501(c)(3).
- United Help Ukraine provides emergency medical supplies and humanitarian aid to internally displaced people in Ukraine, supports wounded warriors, and assists families of those wounded or killed. United Help Ukraine is a 501(c)(3).
- Help Ukraine is a supply center based near the Ukraine-Poland border that collects medical and humanitarian resources and distributes them to those in need.
EF Legacy Organizations: Eurasia Foundation’s legacy organizations in Ukraine are utilizing their extensive civil society networks to support Ukrainians in crisis. You can support both through monetary donations.
- Kyiv School of Economics is raising funds to supply critical medical equipment like first aid and protective kits for first responders and volunteer emergency response forces.
Other Organizations: You can also donate to these reputable organizations currently working in Ukraine or with Ukrainian refugees and asylum seekers.
- International Rescue Committee is mobilizing local organizations in Poland and Ukraine to provide critical aid to people fleeing Ukraine.
- Kyiv Independent is an independent, English-language publication based in Ukraine that is reporting on the crisis.
- Ocalenie (“Rescue”) Foundation helps migrants entering Poland and combats discrimination against marginalized communities at the border.
- Ukrainian Red Cross provides comprehensive emergency services within Ukraine, including food and water, first aid, psychological support, and safe evacuation assistance.
- Vostok-SOS assists internally displaced people in finding shelter, evacuating conflict zones, and navigating legal systems.
Non-Monetary Assistance: If you cannot donate, please share the resources above with your networks and consider donating your time and expertise to the following groups.
- Razom for Ukraine is seeking volunteers with professional backgrounds in the healthcare and legal fields in the U.S. and Europe.
- Respond Crisis Translation is recruiting Ukrainian and Russian speakers to assist Ukrainians seeking legal aid.
Rebuilding After Conflict: Regardless of the outcome of the conflict, Eurasia Foundation will continue to stand by its Ukrainian partners to build a resilient civil society, which will be vital for post-conflict recovery. If you are interested in learning more and partnering with us in this effort, please contact Civic Engagement and Governance Senior Program Officer Nehal Gupta at [email protected].