Location: Washington, D.C.
Job Type: Full-Time; Hybrid
Application Deadline: February 29, 2024
Salary Range: $87,500-$131,500
(The compensation range provided is in compliance with state specific laws)
Hiring Salary Maximum: $100,000
Hiring salary is determined in consideration factors that include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the role, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.
Eurasia Foundation (EF) is a nonprofit international development organization committed to the idea that societies function best when people take responsibility for their own civic and economic prosperity. EF’s programs help small businesses become more successful, governments more responsive and accountable, and civic organizations more effective and resilient. EF has offices and programs in the Eurasia region, the Middle East and China.
Eurasia Foundation is seeking a dynamic, strategic, and innovative Associate Director (AD) to oversee and manage a range of programs including international exchanges, fellowships, and grant-making initiatives. AD will play a pivotal role in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of programs that foster connections, enhance mutual understanding, and build capacities in the Eurasia region and beyond.
- Team Support Directs and leads project portfolios in partnership with the Director. Guides program teams to ensure the successful delivery of projects. Projects include international exchanges, professional fellowships, grant-making programs, projects in support of PwDs, environmentally focused projects, and media literacy-focused projects.
- Program Management and Administration Assists in establishing departmental goals, objectives, measures, and metrics in support of EF goals. Develops procedures and processes aligned with goals.
- Technical Functions Ensures all services appropriate to the area of expertise are provided. Leads technical knowledge to advance EF programs. Technical knowledge includes educational exchanges, media literacy, grant-making, PwD, and social entrepreneurship, to name a few.
- Leadership/Supervision Supervises staff of at least three people and provides career growth guidance and team development.
- Report Writing Leads, directs, and provides appropriate departmental or organizational reports and produces project quarterly, semi-annual, and annual reports.
- Budget and Finance Manages financial aspects of program(s). Manages expenses in a fiscally sound manner within budget parameters.
- Strategic Planning Participates in the strategic planning process and decision-making, focusing on strategy development and implementation.
- Business Development Participates in business development efforts to support the growth of the department and EF at large.
- Donor Relations Leads efforts to build and maintain strong donor relationships
- A bachelor’s degree in international studies, social sciences, or another related field is required. A Master’s degree in the related field is strongly preferred
- Minimum 8 years comparable experience working on projects funded by U.S. Department of State (DoS) or USAID; minimum 5 years of experience in direct management and oversight of DoS or USAID-funded projects
- Experience working in US-based international development nonprofit organizations
- Ability to anticipate consequences of decisions and solve increasingly complex problems affecting the department
- Deep knowledge of the technical assistance industry and ability to share knowledge as a mentor/coach
- Exceptional written and verbal English communication skills
- Sound judgment, fairness, and demonstrated exceptional initiative
- Ability to build, manage, and develop complex teams
- Experience providing high-level support to teams to troubleshoot
- Ability to anticipate and mitigate risks and conflicts
- Client-focused; exceptional team leadership skills
- Strong analytical skills. Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Microsoft Suite, finance software, and technology platforms required for program delivery
- Knowledge of Russian, Kazakh, Armenian, Romanian, or Arabic is a plus.
To apply, you must submit a cover letter. Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be considered