Location: Washington, DC
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000 - $54,000
Salary is commensurate with experience. Starting salary within the range provided is based on the candidate's relevant experience and skills for the role.
Application Deadline: October 6, 2023
Eurasia Foundation (EF) is a non-profit international development organization committed to the idea that societies function best when people take responsibility for their own civic and economic prosperity. We envision a future where all people have the opportunity to realize their potential and transform their societies. Since 1992, Eurasia Foundation has equipped forward-thinking people across Europe, Eurasia, Asia, the Middle East, and North Africa with the tools, knowledge, and resources needed to address issues of concern in their communities. Our success showcases the power of a vibrant civil society to drive real and lasting change.
The Communications Assistant will support Eurasia Foundation’s external and internal strategic communications activities. The assistant will report to the Communications Manager and work closely with programmatic teams, providing editorial, design, and administrative support and assisting with event planning and special projects. This person plays an essential role in executing a communications strategy that expands and engages our audience and tells our story.
This is an exciting opportunity for an early-career communications professional to work collaboratively with a mission-driven organization supporting positive change across Europe, Asia, Eurasia, the Middle East, and North Africa. You will have the opportunity to own projects, share your knowledge, and help shape how Eurasia Foundation tells its story.
• Assist in developing creative ways to share Eurasia Foundation program highlights and promote the Eurasia Foundation brand across channels.
• Support the concepting, planning, and staging of in-person and online events, meetings, and conferences, both domestic and international.
• Develop internal announcements and guidelines that clearly and engagingly communicate organizational policies, procedures, and developments to staff; author bi-monthly internal newsletter.
• Complete administrative and logistical tasks, including coordinating contracts, purchasing supplies, scheduling meetings, generating expense reports, drafting activity reports, and more.
• Monitor news outlets and partners for relevant regional news and events.
• Other duties as assigned by the Communications Manager.
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and minimum one year of relevant experience;
• Demonstrated interest in international development through studies, work experience, and/or personal experiences or travel;
• Experience in event planning;
• Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas in a creative, fast-paced environment;
• A self-starter able to work independently, manage multiple projects with acute attention to detail, and meet strict deadlines;
• Excellent communications, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
• Able to read, write, and speak fluent English;
• Knowledge of foreign languages within Eurasia Foundation’s geographical focus a plus; and
• Basic knowledge of Canva, SharePoint, and other Microsoft systems a plus.
To apply, you must submit a cover letter and resume. Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.
If selected for an interview, you will be required to complete a short writing assignment. Please only apply for this position only if you are willing to undertake this assignment.