Eurasia Foundation is a nonprofit international development organization committed to the idea that societies function best when people take responsibility for their own civic and economic prosperity. EF's programs help small businesses become more successful, governments more responsive and accountable, and civic organizations more effective and resilient. EF has offices and programs in the Eurasia region, the Middle East and China.
EF is looking to encage a External Evaluator to conduct an independent evaluation of the implementation of the YEAR program.
Utilize existing literature reviews on public diplomacy exchange evaluation1 to design impact evaluation. Utilize impact criteria to design an impact evaluation.
- Design a sampling plan that includes no less than 10% of total program alumni and representatives of all host institutions.
- Design and lead up to three group interviews with the Program management team.
- Design and execute key informant interviews with YEAR alumni to get their feedback on the program, main lessons learned, challenges and success stories. The interviewees’ sample will be determined based on the results of the desk research but may not be less than 10% of total number of the Program alumni.
- Design and execute an online survey among YEAR alumni if feasible and necessary.
- Design and lead key informant interviews with U.S. host institution to receive their feedback about the program, main lessons learned, challenges and success stories. The interviewees’ sample will be determined based on the results of the desk research and may include at least 10% of total number of participating Universities.
-Develop recommendations how to improve future program implementation.
- Debrief the Program management team on main findings, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Submit the final evaluation report to EF.
Bachelor's degree in social sciences, international development, or related field
- Experience leading external evaluations in the fields of public diplomacy, international education, democracy, or good governance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Proficiency in Russian desired but not required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
Experience with qualitative and quantitative M,E&L data collection and analysis