Eurasia Foundation is a US-based non-profit, nonpartisan organization committed to helping citizens in countries in transition realize their full potential and transform their societies. EF supports governments and citizens to enhance responsive, accountable and transparent governance, and helps citizens build a stronger, more resilient civil society. EF’s work is based on the principles of inclusiveness, collaboration and locally-sourced solutions.
EF is seeking an experienced international development professional to serve as the Chief of Party for the anticipated USAID Tunisia Civil Society (CS) activity. The Civil Society activity will empower Tunisian citizens to act and advocate for specific issues and effect change at the local, regional and national level in advancing Tunisia’s development and to build the legitimacy and sustainability of the civil society sector. The CS activity will work nationwide to increase the engagement and agency of citizens to act and advocate for specific issues of public interest, strengthen the institutional capacity of civil society organizations to promote positive change, and promote effective partnerships at local, regional and national levels.
The Chief of Party (COP) will be responsible for overall technical and management oversight and will ensure the successful implementation of all aspects of the program. The successful candidate will have demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the latest developments impacting the civil society sector in Tunisia and will have the ability to engage with multiple stakeholders, including non-governmental organizations at the local, regional and national level, relevant government institutions and the media, among others. Technical expertise in capacity building of civil society organizations will serve the COP well.
Employment is contingent upon successful award of CS activity to EF. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis and qualified candidates should apply as soon as possible.
Tunisian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Provide technical direction and strategic oversight to ensure the integrity and quality of the activity delivery
- Lead annual work planning, including strategic engagement with key stakeholders such as leading civil society organizations, relevant government institutions and local partners, to solicit their input into the planning process
- Serve as the primary point of contact for USAID and subawardees. Maintain productive working relationships with all stakeholders
- Supervise responses to donor reporting requirements, including quarterly and annual program reports and other deliverables as specified in the award agreement
- Deliver high-level presentations as needed to project stakeholders, including USAID, EF senior management and in-country counterparts
- Oversee all award operations and staff as well as financial planning and budgeting processes in collaboration with EF HQ management and technical staff
- Technical expertise in democracy and governance programming with a focus on civil society strengthening.
- Strong track record in institutional capacity building of civil society organizations.
- Minimum ten years of relevant experience managing international development programs in a similar leadership position
- Deep familiarity and understanding of USAID policies and procedures
- Proven track record working collaboratively with local stakeholders, including civil society organizations, government officials and the media.
- Demonstrated exceptional abilities in exercising good judgement, creative problem solving and dynamic hands-on management
- Strong knowledge and familiarity of working in Tunisia
- Master’s degree in international development, international affairs, political science, public policy or other relevant areas of study
- Fluency in English and French is required; proficiency in Arabic is preferred
To apply, please attach a resume and cover letter to your application.
No phone calls, please.