Eurasia Foundation (EF), a US-based international development organization promoting good governance and vibrant civil society, is accepting applications for a Program Officer (PO). The PO is a member of EF's Innovative Training Solutions team and is responsible for the day-to-day implementation of the Disability Rights program and will directly supervise two Program Associates while providing various support functions for program activities and monitoring.
- Contribute to the development of the program's overall strategy
- Build, train, and manage the program team and ensure quality performance
- Monitor the program(s) activities towards desired outcomes and make informed decisions to revise strategies if necessary.
- Provide day-to-day management of the assigned program(s).
- Manage the budget and prepare budget projections in coordination with the Finance team.
- Prepare scope of work and contract specifications for program consultants while monitoring and managing their time and deliverables and quality of work.
- Meet with stakeholders to discuss program status
- Draft, edit and finalize program's progress reports based on the agreement with program's donor
- Develop new program ideas for current and future donors.
Master's degree in disability studies, social science, international relations, training area studies or other related fields is preferred.
- Minimum three years of experience in project management is required
- Experience and knowledge in implementing/managing programs related to disability advocacy is required
- Experience in educational projects and online training is a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong connection to persons with disabilities is highly desired.
- Exceptional communications and organizational skills and attention to detail is a must
- Knowledge on the UN convention of the rights of persons with disabilities, UN treaty bodies is required
- Excellent problem solving, risk management, and decision-making skills are required
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment is required.
- Fluency in English and Farsi/Dari is required
- Excellent writing skills in English and Farsi/Dari is required
All applications require a cover letter and resume to be fully considered. No phone calls,