EF’s Online Youth Advocacy Program is seeking a consultant to instruct two rounds of youth advocacy introductory and practicum courses in an online setting. EF seeks individuals with experience and expertise in instructing advocacy training for educators and youth activists in closed societies. The expert is responsible for identifying the key concepts of the course, and providing instruction based on the developed curriculum. The online training with focus on youth advocacy enables teachers to engage their students to design and implement advocacy projects based on their articulated needs. The instructor will report to the Education Technical Manager.
- Offer background and context on civic education and youth activism programs;
- Coach participants in developing advocacy project ideas and implement them based on the youth articulated needs;
- Monitor and evaluate teachers’ engagement and provide insightful feedback to revise and/or modify the activities, if needed.
- Seed discussion questions in forums, answer forum questions proactively and help teachers by providing advice and resources;
- Introduce additional resources to course participants as secondary materials;
- Provide a post-training assessment highlighting the participants’ growth and advancement, including recommendations for their growth.
Education: Minimum Master’s degree or equivalent in education, social sciences, management, or a related area required.
Experience: At least 3 years of experience teaching online learning pedagogy, particularly towards social learning and networking in the online format.
Other: Ideal candidates have relevant working experience in Iran; Fluency in written and spoken Persian (Farsi) is required. Fluency in written and spoken English is a plus.