Eurasia Foundation (EF) is seeking a web graphic designer who works closely with the technical web development and content management team for designing the overall layout and aesthetic of an educational website and its social media platforms. The duties include the graphic design of the website and social media platforms of the educational program including program’s logo, website and social media templates, color pallets, etc. The best candidate should be able to translate the core idea of the program into a visually appealing design and turn that design into a functional and easy to navigate site and upload it to a web server.
- Creating a powerful and simple color scheme or incorporating the program’s color scheme into the design.
- Creating a strong logo that showcases the goals and objectives of the educational program.
- Designing buttons and other controls for the website.
- Creating mock-ups of the website for the content team’s approval. Designing dynamic and coherent features and elements like specific buttons, online forms, embedded video or podcasts, online quizzes, social media buttons, and all other manner of gadgets and widgets.
- Re-visiting the program’s objectives during the design creation processes to ensure they are being met.
- Work with the website development team to incorporate the program's branding and color scheme into the website design
- Design icons and other images for the website controls
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or a related field
- Proven understanding of graphic design fundamentals
- Excellent visual design sense
- Demonstrated ability to take a project from concept to launch Strong command of color theory, image composition, and typography
- Fluency in Farsi, Dari and English
- Experience in responding well to clients’ design requests
At least three years of professional design experience Portfolio of strong creative work Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) Social media and email marketing experience is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Excellent time-management skills Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy Comfortable working in a deadline-driven environment