Program Officer, ITS (Women's Empowerment)
- Date Posted:
- Region: North America
- Country: United States
- Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Washington, D.C.
Job Type: Full-time; Hybrid/Remote.
Salary Range: $60,000-$85,000
Salary is commensurate with experience. Starting salary within the range provided is based on the candidate's relevant experience and skills for the role.
Application Deadline: Accepting applications until position is filled.
Eurasia Foundation is a nonprofit international development organization committed to the idea that societies function best when people take responsibility for their own civic and economic prosperity. EF's programs help small businesses become more successful, governments more responsive and accountable, and civic organizations more effective and resilient. EF has offices and programs in the Eurasia region, the Middle East, and China.
The Program Officer is a member of EF’s Innovative Training Solutions team and is responsible for leading and the day-to-day implementation of an educational program on women’s empowerment. This role will direct the overall goals of the program, devise strategies for program implementation, and work to ensure the project team remains focused on producing quality outcomes.
- Contribute to development of programs’ overall strategy
- Build, train, and manage program team and ensure quality performance
- Monitor the program(s) activities towards desired outcomes, and make informed decisions to revise strategies if necessary
- Provide day-to-day management of the assigned program(s)
- Manage the budget and prepare budget projections in coordination with the Finance team
- Prepare scope of work and contract specifications for program consultants, and monitor and manage their time and deliverables and quality of their work
- Meet with stakeholders to discuss program status
- Draft, edit, and finalize program’s progress reports based on the agreement with program’s donor
- Develop new program ideas for current and future donors
- Master’s degree in women’s studies, social science, political science, international relations, training, area studies or other related fields is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as international education, political science, international affairs, or management required
- Minimum three years of experience in project management is required
- Experience and knowledge in implementing/managing programs related to women’s right is required
- Strong connection with women’s right community is highly desired
- Exceptional communications and organizational skills and attention to detail is a most
- Excellent problem solving, risk management and decision-making skills are required
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment is required
- Experience in educational projects and online training is a plus
- Fluency in English and Farsi/Dari is required
- Excellent written skills in Farsi/Dari and English are required
To apply, you must submit a cover letter and resume to the job solicitation