- Date Updated: January 6, 2022
- Region: North America
- Country: United States
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Application Deadline: February 28, 2022
Eurasia Foundation (EF), a US-based international development organization promoting good governance and vibrant civil society, is accepting applications for a Program Officer (PO). The PO is a member of EF’s Innovative Training Solutions team and is responsible for leading and the day-to-day implementation of an educational program on women’s empowerment. S/he will direct the overall goals of the program, devise strategies for program implementation, and work to ensure the project team remains focused on producing quality outcomes. Experience working with projects with software development or implementation components is a plus
- Contribute to development of programs’ overall strategy.
- Build, train, and manage program team and ensure quality performance.
- Monitor the program(s) activities towards desired outcomes, and make informed decisions to revise strategies if necessary.
- Provide day-to-day management of the assigned program(s).
- Manage the budget and prepare budget projections in coordination with the Finance team.
- Prepare scope of work and contract specifications for program consultants , and monitor and manage their time and deliverables and quality of their work.
- Meet with stakeholders to discuss program status.
- Draft, edit, and finalize program’s progress reports based on the agreement with program’s donor.
- Develop new program ideas for current and future donors.
- Master’s degree in women’s studies, social science, political science, international relations, training, area studies or other related fields is preferred.
- Minimum three years of experience in project management is required.
- Experience and knowledge in implementing/managing programs related to women’s right is required.
- Strong connection with women’s right community is highly desired.
- Exceptional communications and organizational skills and attention to detail is a most.
- Excellent problem solving, risk management and decision-making skills are required.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment is required.
- Experience in educational projects and online training is a plus.
- Fluency in English and Farsi/Dari is required.
- Excellent written skills in Farsi/Dari and English are required.
- Experience working with projects with software development or implementation components is a plus