Title: Program Associate, Civic Engagement and Governance
Reports to: Program Manager
Location: DC Office
As a member of EF’s Civic Engagement and Governance team, the Program Associate is responsible to provide backstopping support for the Foundation’s portfolio of civic engagement initiatives. Reporting to the Program Manager, the Program Associate contributes to the successful implementation of this cluster of highly innovative programs.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support for program-related procurements, draft selection memos and consultant contracts, and prepare payment requests in EF’s accounting system;
- Process travel, hotel, and local transportation arrangements for staff and meeting attendees, including processing of travel advance requests, ensure timely completion of arrangements; upon travelers return process travel expense reimbursement requests.
- Assist with arranging internal meetings as well as external program communications.
- Support projects by setting up team meetings, taking call notes, report preparation, media monitoring, and other duties as assigned. Assists with scheduling social media, paid media, website maintenance, and member communication.
- Support report or proposal preparation, including document formatting, document conversion, copying proposals, and packaging and delivering proposals.
- In coordination with the business development team, contribute to funding proposals in the Civic Engagement and Governance practice area.
Experience: At least 2 years of program management or backstopping experience
Requirements: Exceptional analytical, organizational, written and oral communication skills. Proven ability to multitask, work in team settings and perform under time-sensitive deadlines. Fluency in English and proficiency in Russia and other Central Asian language required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in international development, international affairs, or another relevant field required.