- Location: Washington, DC
- Date Posted: November 16, 2021
- Application Deadline: December 31, 2021
- Job Type: Consultant
Eurasia Foundation (EF), a US-based international development organization promoting civil society strengthening, good governance, and economic development, is seeking a short-term HR Consultant to review the organization’s compensation structure and practices. The selected HR Consultant will present a written report of findings and make recommendations.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Conduct an organizational scan focused on compensation to better:
- Strengthen pay equity and transparency.
- Understand the competitive international development industry/job market.
- Align pay structure to comply with the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
- Review of current organizational chart.
- Review of current compensation structure (i.e., job titles, salaries, and ranges). Review grade, level of responsibilities and minimum qualifications. Develop a matrix or chart to show any discrepancies or to use as a tool for transparency.
- Review of current policies, procedures, and/or practices related to pay (i.e., offers, promotions, bonuses etc.).
- Interview management and a Focus Group comprised of a cross section of employees.
- Perform SWOT analysis to expand on and validate results of the interviews and Focus Group.
- Industry scan of 3-5 similar organizations to compare with and better understand their pay structures, and/or identify potential best practices.
- Write a report on findings and share with Associate HR Director and make recommendations to Management Team (MT).
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, human resources, sociology, psychology, international affairs, international development, or a related field.
- Demonstrated HR experience in recruitment, compensation, and strategic advising.
- Subject matter expertise in one or more of the technical areas above.
- Professional with good organizational and communication skills.
- Deep understanding of HR policies, procedures, and programs.
- Holistic understanding of and insight into HR COEs, operations, and key initiatives.
- Excellent technical writing and editing skills; strong attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze data and apply it to problem resolution.
- Ability to think conceptually, analytically, and creatively.
- Ability to complete work on independent or collaborative basis; provide guidance to team.