- Location: Washington, DC
- Date Posted: April 20, 2021
- Application Deadline: Rolling basis
- Job Type: Full-time
Eurasia Foundation (EF), a US-based international development organization promoting good governance and vibrant civil society, is accepting applications for a Technical Officer (TO-ITS). The TO-ITS will be a member of EF’s Innovative Training Solutions team and is responsible for providing backstopping support for remote capacity building programs designed to strengthen civil society organizations in restrictive environments.
- Contribute to development of programs’ overall strategy on a regular basis;
- Manage program’s content development process;
- Provide an assessment framework for training courses, content, sessions’ structure, timing and activities designed for online training courses;
- Keep the team informed about the best practices of training based on the local and international standards and published literature on evolving issues in the technical area;
- Train program staff and consultants regarding EF’s online pedagogy and ensure quality control;
- Seed discussion questions on course forums, participate in forum discussions pro-actively and assist course facilitators by providing advice and resources;
- Liaise with and train instructors to ensure clear communication with course participants;
- Monitor and report on program’s activities towards desired outcomes, and make recommendations to revise strategies if necessary;
- Design innovative methods to engage program participants;
- Facilitate and co-facilitate program’s online training sessions.
- Bachelor’s degree in international development, education, online education, area studies, management, or another relevant field required; Master’s degree preferred;
- At least five years of work experience in the related technical field is required; work experience in educational projects and online training is highly desirable; experience with international development projects is a plus;
- In-depth understanding of donor objectives and performance criteria is required;
- Experience with social media tools, blogging, content management systems, and E-learning platforms such as WordPress and Moodle;
- Exceptional writing, research, and communications skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment;
- Fluency in English and Farsi is required.