UNCRPD Consultant, Innovative Training Solutions
- Date Posted:
- Region: North America
- Country: United States
- Job Type: Consultant
• Location: Global
• Date Posted: September 1, 2021
• Application Deadline: November 15, 2021
• Job Type: Consultant (intermittent work schedule)
Eurasia Foundation (EF), a US-based international development organization promoting good governance and vibrant civil society, is seeking an expert on the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UNCRPD) to develop and instruct a series of technical UNCRPD workshops in an online setting for active members of persons with disability (PwD) organizations and PwD advocates. The instructor is responsible for developing workshop materials in consultation with key program staff and for the facilitation of the workshops.
• Develop training materials on the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UNCRPD).
• Instruct a series of online training workshops on UNCRPD for a group of participants from persons with disabilities (PwD) organizations and PwD advocates.
• Provide post-workshop specialized support by:
- Responding to participants inquiries;
- Supporting participants in aligning their PwD advocacy campaigns with UNCRP principles;
- Conducting group discussion forums;
- Supporting participants as needed by sharing technical advice and resources on CRPD related questions;
- Introducing additional resources to participants as secondary reading materials.
• Further information about content development and workshop instruction will be discussed during the interview process.
• PhD or Master’s degree in International Development, Public Policy, Human Rights, Disability Studies or relevant field;
• Solid knowledge of UNCRPD;
• Familiarity with persons with disabilities situation and movements in the Middle East and North Africa regions;
• Demonstrate experience in teaching UNCRPD and PwD human rights;
• Experience in working with civil society organizations;
• Prior experience in education/facilitation;
• Relevant working experience in Farsi/Dari-speaking countries;
• Fluency (written and spoken) in English and Farsi/Dari.