• Location: Washington, DC
• Date Posted: August 17, 2021
• Application Deadline: Rolling basis
• Job Type: Consultant
Eurasia Foundation (EF) is a US-based non-profit, nonpartisan organization committed to helping citizens in countries in transition realize their full potential and transform their societies. EF supports governments and citizens to enhance responsive, accountable and transparent governance, and helps citizens build a stronger, more resilient civil society. EF’s work is based on the principles of inclusiveness, collaboration and locally-sourced solutions.
EF is seeking an experienced Youth Development Consultant to support its efforts in expanding into youth development programming with special focus on civic education and civic engagement.
In response to anticipated funding opportunities, the consultant will provide technical leadership and advice to support the design of technically sound interventions that incorporate international best practices such as the use of digital technologies and private sector engagement. Familiarity and knowledge of USAID Positive Youth Development (PYD) Framework is highly preferred.
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis and qualified candidates should apply as soon as possible.
This is a short term assignment with an anticipated level of effort of up to 30 days.
• Lead the design of youth focused civic education programming that are responsive to the donor requirements; build on EF’s geographic and technical expertise; and reflect latest models in youth development.
• Advise on international best practices in youth civic education and engagement to deepen EF’s knowledge about the subject and contribute to expanding its portfolio.
• Review a sample of EF’s recent youth focused programming and support developing articulate and compelling capacity statements for proposal purposes.
• Proven technical expertise in youth development programming with a special focus on civic education and youth engagement;
• Strong familiarity and experience with USAID Positive Youth Development Framework highly desirable;
• At least eight years of relevant experience with similar programs;
• Ability to handle multiple assignments in a deadline-driven environment and strong attention to detail required;
• Knowledge and experience in the Middle East, Eurasia and/or the South Caucasus regions strongly preferred;
• Master’s degree in international development, international affairs, political science, or other relevant areas of study.
• Fluency in English required