• Location: Global
• Date Posted: June 21, 2021
• Application Deadline: Rolling
• Job Type: Consultant
Eurasia Foundation (EF), a US-based international development organization promoting good governance and vibrant civil society, is accepting applications for a(n) interpreter/translator for its projects within the Innovative Training Solutions (ITS) team. The interpreter/translator will be responsible for translating content/resources from English to Persian on variant civic engagement and advocacy subject matters.
• Produce a concise, accurate and clear translation of materials from English to Persian;
• Proofread all materials for proper format, and correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation;
• Understand cultural background and consider significance of both the original language and the translated language to convey the proper message.
• Deliver the course content in proper format based on the staff needs.
• English and Persian language translation certification or equivalent. Education may be substituted for substantive work experience in translation;
• Experience working with websites, translating, and editing Persian language text preferred;
• Familiarity with capacity building terminology strongly preferred;
• Strong communication skills and attention to detail;
• Excellent time management and ability to deliver multiple projects on time;
• Ability to work with people from different backgrounds and education levels;
• Computer skills, including word processing are required;
• Fluency in written and spoken English and Persian is required.