• Location: Global
• Date Posted: Sep 15, 2021
• Application Deadline: Rolling
• Job Type: Consultant
Eurasia Foundation (EF) is accepting applications for an advocacy expert to facilitate and coach two advanced online courses on advocacy skills to benefit persons with disabilities. EF is seeking individuals with experience in creating advocacy campaigns with a focus on addressing unmet human rights needs of marginalized communities. Knowledge of disability rights is a plus.
• Build a strong connection with participants to understand their educational needs and response accordingly;
• Facilitate distance learning and monitor student progress through coaching sessions to provide guidance and effective feedback;
• Assist participants to build partnership and identify feasible milestones for building, expanding and improving their advocacy campaigns to benefit persons with disabilities;
• Support participants through key decision points and unforeseen challenges in different phases of their campaign.
Further information about educational courses will be shared during the interview process.
• Master’s degree in human rights, international relations, communications, public policy or relevant fields required. Experience may substitute for graduate degree;
• Minimum five years of field experience in advocacy, policy reform, campaigning and/or grassroots organizing and movement building is required;
• Proven training and facilitation skills in advocacy and community organizing required, curriculum development experience is preferred;
• Excellent coaching and mentoring skill is a must;
• Strong communication skills and positive can-do attitude is required;
• Fluency in written and spoken Farsi/Dari is required. Fluency in written and spoken English is a plus.