• Location: Washington, D.C.
• Date Posted:
• Application Deadline: October 22, 2021
• Job Type: Full-time
Eurasia Foundation (EF) is accepting applications for a Communications Assistant for the Year of Exchange in America for Russians (YEAR) Program, a year-long exchange program for Russian undergraduate students.
The Communications Assistant is responsible for YEAR program communication and outreach activities, including updating information on the program website, managing social media channels, and producing other digital materials. S/he will regularly communicate with program participants, as well as conduct research, write, and design content for newsletters and social media. The Communications Assistant will also provide overall programmatic support to YEAR implementation activities, including monitoring participants while they are in the US, arranging domestic and international travel, drafting reports, and conduct other various tasks as assigned.
• Guide the implementation of the overall communications strategy of the
• Develop electronic and print publications about the program’s activities and
• Assist in design, development, and maintenance of the program website (e.g.,
format, review and upload content to the website, create forms and surveys);
• Support design of the program outreach materials (e.g., social media graphics,
brochures, and newsletters);
• Provide communication input for memos and program reports;
• Maintain the program’s social media presence (Facebook, VK, etc.);
• Assist YEAR program with all program implementation activities (participant
recruitment, travel, events, etc.)
• Keep current with the latest developments in social media tools and strategies;
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, International Relations, or another
relevant field of study.
• 1-2 years of work experience in a relevant field (student or professional
• Exceptional writing, research, and communications skills;
• Speaking, reading, and writing in Russian are desired, but not a requirement;
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team - with strong
• Familiarity with social media tools (e.g., Facebook, VK, etc.);
• Ability to manage different styles of text, from social media to long form articles;
• Ability to take initiative by self-starting and identifying necessary projects;
• Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment;
• Experience with Canva, Mailchimp, and other design and publications tools
• Interest or prior experience in international education and U.S. Department of
State exchanges strongly preferred.
• Authorized to work in the U.S.