Eurasia Foundation (EF) is accepting applications for a multimedia journalist and content creator who have their eyes on women’s rights and gender equalities. This position is set to create and develop well-structured, neatly written contents on various types of violence that women experience in their public life. Content Creator responsibilities include researching and writing about women’s rights-related and gender-based violence and harassment topics, creating blog posts and web materials on these issues and digital publishing in case is needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research and compare topic-related sources, analyze, and interpret data and information, and ask the right questions to suggest and create the right material.
- Create assigned topics and subtopics in coordination with Program’s social media expert.
- Work with Program’s social media expert to modify the content if necessary.
- Interview women rights professional figures as well as victims or survivors of violence and incorporate their views and stories in well-written articles or blog posts.
- Identify audience needs and recommend new topics. • Conducting research and interviews to learn more about current trends, developments, discussions, and perceptions about the subject matter, and contextualizing their findings.
- Bachelors Degree in Farsi/Dari or English Language, Journalism, Media or revelant field
- Demonstrated experience working in journalism and creating rich, strong, and engaging content.
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability of fact-checking features, short-form pieces, essays, data, news, and infographics.
- Fluency in Farsi/Dari and proficiency in English.
- Impeccable technique in writing and research in Farsi/Dari.
- Organizational and time management skills. • Ability to work efficiently without compromising quality and accuracy.
- Ability to work with a diverse team of consultants and project members.
- Social media savvy, who has a great understanding of how to influence in the internet era.