- Location: Washington, D.C.
- Date Posted: March 23, 2021
- Application Deadline: Rolling basis
- Job Type: Full-time
Eurasia Foundation (EF), a US-based international development organization promoting good governance and vibrant civil society, is accepting applications for a Senior Program Officer (SPO)/Program Officer (PO). The SPO/PO is a member of EF’s Innovative Training Solutions team and is responsible for the day-to-day implementation of assigned program(s). S/he will direct the overall goals of the program, devise strategies for program implementation, and work to ensure the project team remains focused on producing quality outcomes.
- Contribute to development of programs’ overall strategy;
- Monitor the program(s) activities towards desired outcomes, and make informed decisions to revise strategies if necessary;
- Recruit, train, and manage project staff (e.g. program's assistants, content contributors, etc.) and ensure quality control;
- Provide day-to-day management of the assigned program(s);
- Budget tracking, donor reporting, and monitoring and evaluation;
- Prepare scopes of work and contract specifications for contractors; monitor and manage contractors' time and deliverables;
- Draft, edit, and finalize quality progress reports on a quarterly basis.
- Contribute to development of new program ideas and proposals for current and future donors
- Master’s degree in social science, political science, international relations, training, economic development, or area studies required;
- Candidates must be experienced in project planning and have at least 3 years of prior managerial experience;
- Exceptional research, and communications skills;
- Must possess excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment;
- Experience in educational projects and online training is a plus;
- Fluency in English is required and in Farsi/Dari is highly desired;
- Excellent written skills required;
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills.